NATCO SWITZERLAND was founded in 1980 as a freight forwarder to facilitate a combined service for specialised trade projects.
During its global expansion, NATCO SA was established in Johannesburg in 1996 with the dedicated objective of servicing various logistics projects in West Africa on behalf of our head office in Zurich, Switzerland.
Today NATCO LOGISTICS is 100% privately owned and owner-managed with a
B-BBEE level 2 rating.
As the economic landscape shifted globally and demands on commercial business grew exponentially, we expanded our service in international imports and exports. We incorporated sea and air cargo completely into our business and also provide customs clearing to facilitate a faster and more effective service.
We operate offices in Johannesburg, Durban, Cape Town and Port Elizabeth and offer a full import and export logistics service from receiving/collecting cargo, consolidating and forwarding, up to their final destination world-wide. We further provide a comprehensive import forwarding service in conjunction with our partners from around the globe.
At our head office in Johannesburg we also operate a 6000sqm secure warehouse in order to provide effective storage and handling facilities for our clients.
We have made it OUR MISSION to partner with our clients as an extension of their logistics department by providing a cost-effective and proactive end-to-end logistics resource with expertise and accountability, that allows them to focus on their core business.
It is OUR VISION to be the pioneer and thought leader in freight forwarding and shipping by constantly developing our processes & expertise in line with our client’s expectations and the evolving global economic landscape.
Monhla is a highly experienced executive and business leader with a track record of more than 35 years in infrastructure development and management. She is a leading Public-Sector manager and thought leader with a proven track record in successfully managing and leading State-Owned Enterprises.
Monhla has a depth of experiences in corporate governance, based on a demonstrated history of nonexecutive directorships in a variety of industries such Infrastructure development and finance, Utilities, Aviation, Transportation and logistics, Skills and leadership training, Insurance and investment management. Ma Hlahla was recently appointed non-executive director of Africa50 and an alternate independent director of AFREXIM Bank.
Monhla served as a Chairperson of various companies such as the Johannesburg Water Utility, the Trans-Caledon Water Authority (TCTA) and the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC). She is currently Chairperson of Royal Bafokeng Holdings (RBH) and Denel SOC Limited.
The combination of her strong operational experiences and extensive exposure to private and public sector governance and directorships, that places Monhla uniquely among the leading Executive Coaches from the African continent.
- Between 2001 and 2011, Monhla Hlahla held the position of Managing Director of the Airports Company SA (ACSA). Under her management, ACSA embarked on its biggest ever capital expenditure programme to cater for the increasing number of passengers going through South African airports.
- In 2001 and 2002, she was ranked in the Top 12 of the Top 300 Business Personalities in South Africa. In 2002, Prestige Rapport/City Press recognised her as one of the country’s most Inspirational Women Achievers. Tribute Magazine named her one of its Women of Substance in the same year.
- In 2005, both the Black Business Quarterly and the Businesswomen’s Association named her Businesswoman of The Year. She was also named Most Outstanding Woman Manager in a state-owned enterprise by the International Quality & Productivity Centre.
- In 2009, Monhla received an acknowledgement from the African Women Chartered Accountants Association as the association’s “Woman of Substance”. The Black Management Forum also bestowed upon her the title of Business Personality of The Year.
- In 2014 Monhla was awarded the Chevalier de la Legion d’ Honneur by the President of France.
Education and Training
Monhla holds a BA Hons (Economics) from Pomona College in the US, an MA in Urban & Regional Planning from the University of California in Los Angeles, and an AMP from INSEAD in France. She completed and received several certificates for short courses during her long executive career.
DR LULU GWAGWA
Lulu is a business leader and an executive director at Lereko Investment. She serves as a non-executive director of FirstRand, Massmart and Sun International, and chairs the board of Aurecon Africa.
A town planner by profession, Lulu was a senior lecturer at the University of Natal’s Department of Town and Regional Planning and also brought her expertise on the Commission for the Delineation and Demarcation of Provincial Boundaries. She was a Deputy Director General in the post-Apartheid National Department of Public Works where she was instrumental in the development of policy for the transformation of the construction industry. She also served as the presidential appointee to the Commission on Provincial Government and as Deputy Chair of the Ministerial Advisory Committee on Local Government Transformation. As CEO of the Independent Development Trust (IDT), from 1998 until 2003, Lulu transformed the Trust from a grant making to a development management agency.
Lulu holds a B.A. degree from the University of Fort Hare; a Masters in Town and Regional Planning from the University of Natal; an M.Phil from St Augustine College; an M.Sc (cum laude) and PhD both from the University of London.
Ms Monhla Hlahla
BA Econ, MA Urban Planning, AMP
Businesswoman, Executive Coach, Director of Companies
Chevalier de la Legion d’ Honneur
DR LULU GWAGWA
PROTECTING OUR ENVIRONMENT
Environmental protection is one of the most pressing issues facing our world today and we believe that it is the responsibility of all companies and governments to act, be aware and strategically get involved in addressing this global crisis.
NATCO LOGISTICS and its staff strive to participate in the creation of a more sustainable future for all and to ensure that today’s solutions do not put tomorrow’s resources and living conditions at risk.
NATCO LOGISTICS regards sustainable development as a fundamental aspect of sound business practice and is committed to continuing the integration of environmental protection and awareness into all its business activities and practices.
- We incorporate due consideration of environmental impact into our risk management processes.
- We actively pursue ways of reducing the environmental impact to air, soil and water usage in our in-house operations.
- We comply with relevant environmental legislative, regulatory, permit and corporate requirements.
The implementation of environmental sustainability and protection is an ongoing strategic imperative for NATCO LOGISTICS and is an ongoing driver for us.